I know it has been some time since I wrote on this, but I have been doing better at talking with everyone I think. Anyway, just a few things to inform everyone of. First, I got back from Florida a couple weeks ago. It was AMAZING!! Sarah and I had a great time. The weather was perfect. We went to Key West for a couple nights, a resort in Key Largo for one night, and Miami for one night. We also went to the Everglades and saw some real, wild alligators!!! One cool thing about the trip is that with all of Sarah's travels, she had earned enough hotel points so that all of the hotels were free :) That meant we got to spend our money on delicious food! We tried lots of new things like plantains, alligator, dolphin, and more. We even ate at Emiril's in Miami.
Since I have been back, school has gone alright. My most troubled student has yet to return from his suspension from before spring break. His brother seems to make it to school everyday thought. I think his mom is just avoiding the real issues...but I'm not going to complain! I received another student who was weird. He was severely abused as a child, which explains a lot. (not being rude there, just serious) He didn't understand that the things he said impacted people (not a good combination for my class), ate anything in sight including, but not limited to pencils, paper, random berries found on the walk to school, and sharks teeth. He was a very nice kid though. Unfortunately, he was in foster care for a reason I will leave out, but no one wanted him. So today he finally got put into a juvenile center. We'll see if he ever makes it back to my class.
The month of April is transfer season in CCSD. I am looking for a 6th grade math position. Usually the list of vacancies is huge, but this year, people are more reluctant to give up their spot because school seniority starts over at a new school. On count day in the fall, if the school has to many kids, the lowest seniority teacher gets surplused to another school. Since they are probably going to have to lay off teachers, people aren't moving. Anyway, I really want to move, but haven't heard anything from any school I have contacted. Keep your fingers crossed!!! I really don't want to stay at this school. All the good teachers are leaving.
My tailgate locking handle came in today. Took me about an hour, but I put it on myself and saved over $100 in labor costs (according to toyota). The new tailgate has a small spot where the paint has been rubbed, and it says PreRunner which is the 2x4 model. I have course have the 4x4. Other than that though, it was a perfect match, color and everything. That means I spent $670 for a new tailgate, locking handle, and spare ignition key (had to be programmed which apparently is expensive). The great thing is the estimate from all the body shops was $1400. I think I did alright. Oh, and I got my windows tinted last weekend...a must here in Vegas.
I guess I had more to say than I thought. Oh well! In case anyone is wondering, Sarah and I are doing just fine. She's really busy this month, but she'll have another 3 week break after when I'll get to see her more frequently. In May, we are going to Minnesota for her brother's wedding. I'm looking forward to meeting her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment