Friday, January 29, 2010

My Week

Here's a summary of what happened this week.

Monday - K gets back from being RPCed, and the first thing she tells me is that I can't make her doing anything, and if I try her mom will come cuss me out. Of course, I told her to get to work. As the day progressed, things didn't get better. She started throwing things at me, telling me to shut up, and calling me a pervert. So I sent her up to the office. After school, the principal and I went to K's house to deliver another RPC notice (their phones are dead because their house is being foreclosed) and to tell the mom that K would no longer be in my class when she returned. The mom said all the right things, assured us that she knew nothing inappropriate happened, how she liked me and was glad that both of her daughters had been in my class. So everything seemed alright.

Tuesday - K's mom comes raging into school wondering why nobody investigated K's claims about me. The principal calls school police, they come in, take down the complaint, and come down to talk to me. That was a surprise! So I told them everything that happened. The cool thing is I got to have lunch with the principal.

Wednesday - Mom and police return, and mom again is saying that she's sure nothing inappropriate happened. The police know she's a little crazy, and they tell her that when her accusations are proven false, I could sue her if I wanted. I guess that kind of shut her up. This is also the day I start to feel sick. Probably has a lot to do with the stress caused by this whole mess.

Thursday - Still not feeling well, but I have to go to school. I didn't mention this earlier, but my students are taking the State Writing Test this week. I think they will do fairly well, but I don't want a substitute administering the last day. Before school I go to Walmart to get some medicine. When I come out, I notice someone stole my tailgate off my truck. I'm pretty irritated by this being I haven't even had it two weeks yet. Anyway, I already filed a police report and called my insurance. Once my new policy is all set up, they can address the claim. The problem is tailgates are only about $400. So unless they factor in painting it and putting the bed liner on it, I'll probably have to go out of pocket which I'm guess for all that will be more than the deductible. When Jon's sunroof took a direct hit from a snowball while driving through a mountain pass, everywhere quoted him around $1800+ to fix it. But the insurance people said that it wouldn't cost more than $500. He asked where he could get it done for that, but they told him they didn't do referrals. Needless to say, I am hoping for a better experience. My trick does look pretty dumb without a tailgate though.

Friday - Thanks to all this mess, and not feeling well, I finally did something I have yet to do. I took a sick day! It feels great! I am certain there is chaos in my room, but it is not mine to deal with today! Plus, Sarah is back today, so I'm assuming this weekend will be a lot better than this week. :) Anyway, I hope everyone had a better week than me. It can't get much worse (knock on wood), so things are looking up!

1 comment:

cassie said...

wow.. what an eventful week! sorry to hear about all that. thankfully the police reports and all were dropped and they could tell that this lady was just crazy. what a bigger mess that could have been. hope your truck gets taken care of without too much hassle or money out of your pocket. I can see exactly how frustrating that must have been. argh!! JERKS! gosh, is that an easy thing to steal - and why? anyways, yes - hope your weekend goes well (and you feel better) and next week is completely different than this last week.