Today started like any other day. I got up. Then things changed. I didn't go in to school early. We had a field trip to the middle school, which went well. I am always surprised to find out that we, the teachers, end up giving the tour because the students that do it are awful. We got back to school and tried to have a normal rest of the day.
After school, we had our carnival. Jon and I built a contraption that pops water balloons over our heads when a target gets hit. It was pretty cool, WAY better than getting pied in the face when it is 98 degrees. The best part is we will have it for next year. There will be a picture of our master craftsmanship coming soon.
After the carnival, I went to play softball. Some games aren't too fun because the other team doesn't like to hit. I mean, if it is close, our team will swing. We're just there to have fun. We finally got to play a like minded team. The first game was close. They had a couple players who could hit to the fence. After figuring that out the hard, way, I got some good catches. Also in the first game, when I was running to first, a ball came flying in (it was a close play) hit the first baseman's glove, and grazed my nose. That was a little scary. It literally touched my nose. We ended up losing that game by 2 runs, but it was a lot of fun. The second game I had a good catch with my are fully extended in front of me sprinting forward. I had been playing deep since they were hitting so far, and so I had to run all the way in. It was awesome. I got on base, had to jump over a ball to get to second. Then I told my friend Mike not to hit me with his hit. Well, what do you know...he hit a LASER right at me! I spun backwards off the bag toward right field, it barely missed me, and then I ran to third. I was told to stop at third, I yelled, "I'm going!" and the other team threw to home to try and get me out. Luckily, wisdom prevailed and I just stopped at third after taking a big step home and diving back to get the bag. We ended up winning that game. It all ended at 11pm. This day was a lot of exhaustion, but A LOT of fun! :)
Tomorrow, I have a TFA meeting at 8am. I guess some people are walking at the UNLV graduation so we couldn't do it later...lame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds fun! I am glad your water balloon contraption turned out. look forward to the photo. :) glad softball is going well. when is your last day of school at unlv? coming up, right? I am sure you are counting down the days!!
Post a Comment