Yes, if I remember correctly, that was a motto for a prom at our high school one year. But anyway, today I had a student that simply refused to do anything. I have never had that happen. She wouldn't change her card, she wouldn't do the math, she wouldn't go to the office, nothing! I finally had someone come get her, and she still almost wouldn't go. Apparently, that embarrassed her...good! It should have. I understand that the AC wasn't working for the second day in a row and it was probably 85-90 degrees in the classroom. But every other student was still working hard. Usually I am pretty intimidating and can get kids to do whatever I want. Today was just off. To express how warm it was at school, when I came home to our 82 degree house, I thought hte AC was on because it felt so cool. I think I will bring my fan to my classroom tomorrow just incase it isn't fixed yet.
I can't wait to be done with teach for america. I do believe in the organization and the cause, but I think our corps year got hosed with the new regional executive director. All these new programs we don't know, and other requirements like extra professional development days are being thrown at us, and they just hold our grant money above our heads to make us go. It will be nice when that and unlv are all over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment