Monday, April 20, 2009

Random Thoughts

So, I should be in bed by now, but I can't sleep. It is 80 degrees in our house, and believe it or not, that means it feels pretty good with fans on. It is supposed to be in the 90s this week. So mom, I may have understated the heat for May. We'll know as it gets closer.
I had a softball game. It was awesome. The first game was close, and the sun was right in my eyes in the outfield. I couldn't see anything until it hit the ground. Luckily, they didn't really hit to me that night. I did get to make a great catch in the second game, but we dominated that game. I also smoked a ball all the way to the fence. It was sweet. The first game was much closer, but we still won. Oh, and my ankle is not broken, but apparently, it has been at some point. My guess is when I rolled it over the volley ball pole at church and waited a week to go to the doctor. That was fun to find out.
Karl and I are doing some serious planning for our 15 day road trip to Alaska. We plan on seeing a lot of friends, maybe some family depending on timing, and a lot of road. I'll keep you posted.
We started doing the CRTs (state testing) today. I think they are doing alright. It is the math, not reading surprisingly, that I am worried about though. I'll let you know in August how they did...since I can then use it to guide my instruction...
As far as the tests I have to take go, I still have two tests to remove provisions from my license, and one year to take them. I have started looking into the GRE and it looks challenging. If I don't get a good score, perhaps I won't do the leadership program. I might pursue other avenues in education that don't require another degree.
I'm still looking at getting a house. After this paycheck, my mustang will be paid off. After May, I'll have enough for a down payment. June paycheck goes to the road trip. When I get back, I'll probably try to see a few houses and put some offers in. Yes, that means I might move during the hottest part of the year...AGAIN!!!
I'm going to see Earth on Wednesday...I know, a school night! For those of you who haven't see Planet Earth, the series, rent it.
On a side note, I want to do more things with my hands, like building things, and working on cars. The hard part is the tool investment and having a work area. I'll get there someday.

I think that's all for now. I might try to sleep.

No comments: