Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer's Almost Over

(The photos are from my trips this summer. We had some fun!)









My summer has been busy, but it will be over this month. After getting back from Crater Lake, Sarah and I bummed around for a bit. But this last weekend we went to San Diego because we're both going to be pretty busy coming up. We had a great time. We walked around some little shops, had amazing seafood at a restaurant that was literally out over the water, toured the USS Midway, and aircraft carrier. It was awesome! We got to go into the bowels of the ship and into the island (command tower). I got a picture of me sitting in the Air Boss chair. He is the air traffic controller for the flight deck. The back of his chair just says boss, so it is a cool pic. Then we went to the beach. I went swimming in the ocean. Oh, and then we had excellent mexican food.

You might find this weird, but we have been craving elephant ears ever since we had those samples at Seaside. Apparently, Sarah had never heard of them and she really liked them. However, they aren't as common as I thought. They didn't even have them at the beach side amusement park. They had funnel cakes and churros, but no elephant ears! Anyway, I think there is a place here in Vegas where we can get them. I just thought it was weird that people didn't know what they were.

The last bit of news is the best news yet! I got a call at 7:15 this morning from my new middle school. I was in the dead of sleep (something that will change when the school year starts), but when I returned it, the principal said that someone resigned and I could have any math position I wanted! So, I will be teaching 5 periods of sixth grade math next year! :)

1 comment:

cassie said...

Hey Donnie,
Looks like you are having a fun summer. The San Diego tours looked cool.
That's crazy you can't get elephant ears that easily around you. Do you have a county fair? we always have them at ours. mmmm! they are good!! I'd mail you some, but they wouldn't taste too good.
Congrats on the math job! that's exciting! It'll be interesting to see how you like it and how it goes. hopefully it's a nice change and you find you really enjoy it. Enjoy the rest of your summer! I assume you start school in a month?