Here's how it all shook out.
Science (doesn't count for AYP) 5th Grade: 60% Me:63%
Math 5th Grade:70% Me: 83%
Reading 5th Grade: 47% Me: 57%
The percentages are the percent of passing students. I think the thing that irritates me the most is when I shared this information with a third grade teacher, she said I should start using a couple programs with fidelity. Why does everyone thing a new program or a new curriculum is the cure? This is the same teacher who was excited because the 4th grade didn't do as well because they got the poorly performing 3rd graders from last year. She said that it proves the 3rd grade teachers were not to blame for their low scores. So that leaves the question, who is to blame then? Who is responsible for these students to learn? I guess we'll find out next year when these "undesirables" are fifth graders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment